“Care U Professional Nursing Service” is one of the “Recognised Service Providers” (RSPs) under the CCSV scheme of the Social Welfare Department. Voucher holders could spend the Vouchers to enjoy household care services offered by “Care U Professional Nursing Service”.
“Recognised Service Provides” under CCSV
- Launched by the Social Welfare Department
- Under the “money-following-the-user”, CCSV enables elderly persons to choose community care services that suit their individual needs to support their ageing in place
- CCSV covers 18 districts of the territory
- The numbers of Vouchers could reach 8,000 at maximum
Eligible participants are the elderly persons who have been assessed as suffering from moderate or severe level of impairment under the Standardised Care Need Assessment Mechanism for Elderly Services; and are waitlisting for subsidised Community Care Services (CCS) and/or residential care services (RCS) on the Central Waiting List for Subsidised Long Term Care Services without any kind of RCS or subsidised CCS being received.
How to apply
The Social Welfare Department will send invitation letters direct to eligible elderly persons on the Central Waiting List to invite them to join the Voucher Scheme. Eligible elderly persons could apply for Vouchers after receiving the invitation letters.
Vouchers Values and Co-payment Arrangements
- Elderly persons may use Vouchers with different values flexibly to purchase service packages according to their needs.
- There are six categories of co-payment. Elderly persons are required to pay for the co-payment amount according to the rate of 5%, 8%, 12%, 16%, 25% or 40% of the service package value of voucher, in accordance to the financial conditions of the elderly persons. The government will pay for the remaining amount of the service package value.
- The government will take into account the family household income of the elderly person and his/her residing family members to conduct financial condition assessment, with reference to the Median Monthly Domestic Household Income so as to determine the co-payment category of the elderly person (The family’s asset will not be assessed)
- The co-payment amount will be adjusted annually mainly based on the Composite Consumer Price Index. If the voucher certificate holders have change in financial situation thereafter, they shall inform the CCSV Office for Social Welfare Department’s re-assessment of their co-payment categories.
*Elderly persons may choose any Voucher value in-between the ceiling and floor voucher values to purchase service packages. For the Voucher value this fiscal year, please refer to the website of the Social Welfare Department
(for CSSA voucher holders)
(2021-22 price level)
|Co-payment Amount for Different Voucher Values ^^|
^ It is also applicable to those who do not wish to be subject to means test.
^^ The co-payment amount in between the ceiling and floor voucher values is calculated according to the voucher value used for purchase of service package and the respective co-payment percentage of the voucher holder. (rounded to the nearest dollar)
Effective from 1 April, 2021
If the service package values HKD4,170, and the co-payment category is at the rate of 5%, the elderly person could enjoy monthly Care U comprehensive home care services by just paying HKD209.
Scope of Services
|Integrated aches treatment||Falling risk assessment||Self-care ability training|
|Rehabilitation treatment after stroke||Muscular strength and joint mobility training|
|Blood pressure measurement||Cholesterol measurement||Blood glucose level measurement|
|Wound cleansing||Nasogastric tube changing||Urine catheter changing|
Household Support Services
|Household cleaning||Personal Caring (Bathing, lifting, feeding, etc)||Personal matter escort, Out-patient escort|
|Elderly Carer support||Care-taker training||Household assessment and improvement advice|
|Day-time elderly care|
Other Community Care Services
|Accommodation occasional care service||Emergency Service|
17 districts of the territory（Excluding Islands）
Monday to Sunday 8:00a.m. to 8:00 p.m.#
#We would provide extra service outside the regular service hours in accordance to special needs of the elderly (Fees for services in irregular hours are subject to extra 20%)
- Please give us phone calls, WhatsApp messages or emails for any service enquiries
- Our registered social workers provide service consultation to service recipients/carers and understand service needs via phone calls or WhatsApp messages
- Service recipients/carers confirm services requested and fees
- Registered social workers do household visit assessment and understand caring needs of service recipients and carers for carrying out suitable personalised caring programme
- Customer service specialists reserve suitable healthcare professionals to provide door-to-door caring services
- Registered social workers and professional team review service programme regularly and update the programme if needed
24-hour WhatsApp：+852 6737 1999
24-hour hotline：+ 852 2628 7020
e-mail: [email protected]